Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine Reds and Blues (with the Overture)

It's been a while since I posted a new entry due to the fact that I was swimming in the sea of midterm examinations. Now that I've finally arrived ashore, let me celebrate this with another blog entry! :D

For this blog entry I'm going to list all of my expected happenings for the next few weeks in my stay here in the Ateneo. :)

As we all know, Valentines' Day is fast approaching. :3 I don't blame you guys for being excited about these squishy, romantic stuff forming within the depths of your brains, specifically your hypothalamuses (although it's really the heart). And not just that; this is also a S.A.D day (Single Awareness Day), where all singles flock together and celebrate (?) for their....what else, for being single. :))

I, for one, am single, and thus I see Valentines' Day as the day where my parents and some of my friends sound cheesy EVERYTIME they open their mouths. Pink balloons here, a box of chocolates there, and dozens of roses everywhere...a romantic day indeed. Some of my friends are excitedly planning what to do for their dates, crushes, girlfriends, or wives (it is the duty of a guy to plan for a date, you know)...even if they live a hundred miles apart.

As for the "singleness" bested upon me, I, together with my friends (Ze Dormers: Arthur, Vera, Jani, and Mariel), are planning to have our own Valentines celebration by having the traditional picnic. Yes, you heard it right, with the matching traditional basket with the checkered red-and-white mat. Vera said that we're going to have some chocolate cakes (crrrinnngggeee) and some sandwiches, and we're going to have loads of fun that only singles can enjoy (bitter much?).

Besides from that, I'm also joining (harsh) rehearsals (again) for the last time (hopefully) for Blue Symphony as we celebrate (not Valentines' Day) Freedom Day (or...Grad day) by offering the Blue Symphony's Year-End Concert: The Overture. Our conductor said that "Overture"'s gonna be loads of fun, which include pieces from famous broadway shows and movies such as "The Phantom of the Opera", "The Sound of Music", and "Singing in the Rain". I HOPE that we will play "Don't Rain on My Parade" (where I'm hoping that I can audition for a solo). :p

So basically that's all for now (excluding the finals where I'll finally trap myself into studying extremely hard), and I hope all of you bloggers out there will be inspired to write another blog entry! :)

P.S. To Grammar Nazis, this is not English class
        To all singles, happy SAD day!
        To musically-inclined people, watch out for "The Overture" this coming March!
        To me, *pak!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Past Mike (2011),

    Being not in an English class is still not an excuse to be mindful of one's grammar. Don't worry. You will be more awesome than what you are as of your writing.

    - Present Mike (2013)

    ReplyDelete